Cyprus’s strategic location and full EU membership have for many years played an important role in the development of Cyprus as an ideal location for multinational companies to establish business presence. Cyprus offers extensive business opportunities in various sectors of the economy and the recent discoveries of hydrocarbon deposits in the Eastern Mediterranean and within Cyprus' southern Exclusive Economic zone hold out many opportunities. Cyprus has always been on the forefront of embracing change and continues to enhance its position as a reputable international business centre in the light of a shifting international tax scene.
Cyprus is on the OECD 'white list' of Tax Jurisdictions which have substantially implemented the internationally agreed standard in tax transparency and is fully compliant with the Basic Freedoms and State Aid rules of the EC Treaty. Cyprus is also in full compliance with EU Code of Conduct for Business Taxation with EU tax directives and with the OECD guidelines against harmful tax practices. The tax system in Cyprus is simple and there are no discriminatory rules or preferential treatment of tax payers.
- Strategic location at the crossroad of Europe, Asia and Africa
- EU and Eurozone Member State
- Attractive Business Environment
- Modern and transparent legal and tax framework
- Extensive network of Double Tax Treaties
- Corporate Tax at 12,5%
- Excellent Professional Business Services
- Highly educated workforce
- Newly restructured banking sector
- High quality of life with pleasant climate and low crime rate
Check out dates for our London, Beijing, Toronto, Johannesburg and Capetown forums below:
Business Forums organised by the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism abroad
Read more in:
For inquiries please contact the Trade Service of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism
Or contact our Trade Centres abroad.