The Trade Service of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism aims at the promotion of exports of products and services of Cyprus abroad and in general the coordination of the external commercial policy of Cyprus.
For the accomplishment of its objectives, the Trade Service is cooperating with the Trade Centres of the Ministry abroad, the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Employers and Industrialists Federation, various other Associations, foreign embassies in Cyprus, as well as the business world.
The principal activities of the Trade Service include:
- the export promotion of agricultural products,
- the export promotion of industrial products,
- the promotion of Cyprus as an international business centre and of services and a provider of high-value professional services,
- the representation of Cyprus in the working groups of the European Union dealing with the implementation of the Common Commercial Policy of the EU and the development of international trade Relations,
- the issuing of import/export licences.